History of Scuola Europa

1953

Cardinal Schuster of the Archdiocese of Milan, inspired by the existing international language schools, expecially the European School of Luxembourg, entrusts to Don Cesare Boga the opening of a school privileging brotherhood and understanding of different cultures, preparing students to face the future European reality through the study of at least two foreign languages with the use of modern equipment.
The first facility opens in Via Augusto Righi 4 with the name of “School Guido Donegani” and is composed of a Kindergarten, a Primary School and a Secondary School.

1959

After the first experimental phase, taken the name of “School of languages in Europe”, it also opens the High School of Languages, with a technical-administrative address. In the same period, the Ministry of Education releases the appropriate legal permissions,state-recognizing the qualifications issued by the School.

1968

The School moves in the new facility of Via Caviglia 3, and on September 11 is taken over by a group of parents set up, first in Italy, as a Cooperative. The language tradition remains still, from kindergarten to secondary school, as well as the use of modern technologies. The technical-administrative High School of Languages is replaced later with a High School of Sciences with language address, in collaboration with Liceo Scientifico Zaccaria.

1991

In the Secondary School is introduced the language experimentation (D. M. 27/5/91 Presidential decree 315 of 1974 no. 419 trial ex. No. 3) with an identical curriculum for English and French, giving the possibility to choose between the two addresses: sciences and languages.

1993

The School moves to the very central and prestigious location in Viale Majno 39.

1999

The High School of Sciences concludes his collaboration with the Liceo Scientifico Zaccaria, acquiring independent legal status and making the School a Comprehensive Institute.

2000

All educational departments becomes state-recognised, thus entering thepublic school context.

2004

On 1 October, the School celebrates the fiftieth anniversary of its foundation.

2011

The High School of Languages is launched with a section, in addition to the High School of Sciences.

2016

Scuola Europa gets recognition as a Cambridge International School. The State-recognised High School Europa (Liceo Scientifico and Liceo Linguistico) enriches its educational offer by proposing a Blended Curriculum Cambridge that allows students to achieve the prestigious international certification for the IGCSE.

2017

The High School of Applied Sciences opens, in addition to the traditional High School of Sciences.

2019

All sections of the High School of Sciences follow now the educational program of Applied Sciences.